Jarrett & Price, Divorce AttorneysThe law firm of Jarrett & Price routinely handles contested and uncontested divorces in Effingham County. We regularly represent clients in Guyton, Springfield, and Rincon.
In addition to divorce, our attorneys represent clients facing custody issues, legitimation and adoptions. If you have a family law situation that may require going to Court, do not try to navigate the system on your own. You need a knowledgeable attorney who is well-versed in the law, familiar with the local courts, and willing to fight for your rights.
If you and your spouse are wanting to proceed with an uncontested divorce, our staff and attorneys will work diligently to ensure all your paperwork for your separation agreement, parenting plans and child support worksheets are completed quickly, and that your case moves through the court system as efficiently as possible.
To schedule a consultation, call 912-401-8880 or submit the form below.
Filing an uncontested divorce in Effingham County requires additional steps that are not required in most surrounding counties. This includes a required court appearance in nearly every uncontested case, and complicated filing procedures using county-specific forms.
Therefore, filing a pro se divorce without an attorney guiding you through the process can be a frustrating and time-consuming experience. Our attorneys and staff are experienced in navigating this process and can ensure that all the proper procedures are followed. Jarrett & Price will draft all necessary documents, and navigate you through this process to ensure your divorce is finalized as quickly as possible. What You Need To Know:
- Effingham County requires a court-appearance in nearly every uncontested divorce case. This is commonly referred to as a “prove up.”
- Our attorneys fees start as low as $500. (This does not include the county filing fee or potential other fees for court appearances)
- Filing a case in Chatham County requires special county-specific forms which must be filed with your initial pleadings.
- Court dockets in Chatham County often require a 60 to 90 day wait period before hearings are scheduled.
- All Chatham County uncontested and contested divorce cases are filed with the Superior Court Clerk at the Chatham County Courthouse, 133 Montgomery Street, Savannah GA 31401.