If you have been injured in an accident and you are an immigrant, you may be asking what are my rights?  Are they the same as they would be if I was a citizen?  Will I treated differently by the insurance companies or in court?

These are valid questions.  First, if you were injured in an accident as the result of another person’s negligence, you have rights to recover for your damages.  Anyone, citizen or immigrant, who is injured in an accident should seek the assistance and guidance of an experienced personal injury attorney.  If you are an immigrant, it may be helpful to seek the assistance of an attorney who is knowledgable in both immigration and personal injury issues.  Attorneys Ben Price and Patrick Jarrett are both knowledgable and experienced in these areas.  Our knowledge and experience can be valuable to you and you can feel confident that your attorney is considering all the important issues in your case.

The types of damages you will be able to recover are the same as would be recoverable if you were a citizen.  These include past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering for both physical and emotional, disfigurement, loss of consortium, punitive damages, and others.  For more information visit our page entitled “Damages:  What is My Case Worth?”.

Whether you are in this country legally or illegally, your rights are protected.  We have devoted a considerable amount of time and focus on increasing our understanding of the complexities of immigration and personal injury law. For more information on our immigration practice, visit our immigration page on our website.

If you have been injured in an accident, contact the immigration and personal injury attorneys at Jarrett & Price at (912) 401-8880 – (912) 401-8880 and an attorney will return your call.  We welcome the opportunity to help you at our office locations in Savannah, Georgia, or our office locations serving clients in northeast Georgia in Clarkesville and Cleveland.