Slip and Fall Lawyers in Savannah Helping You Get Back on Your Feet After a Fall
There are countless laws on the books and even more that haven’t been written down yet. The law is always changing as new cases come up and set precedents. This can be both good and bad for people who need to go to court. On the one hand, it means that more lawyers than ever before can help you with your case. On the other hand, it means that the law is constantly evolving, and it can be hard to keep up with all the changes.
This complexity can be especially daunting for people who have never had to deal with the legal system before. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you might not know where to turn for help. You might not know what steps to take next. You might not even know if you have a valid case. That’s where the slip and fall lawyers at Jarrett & Price LLC can be so vital.
Jarrett & Price LLC is a personal injury law firm in Savannah, Georgia, that has been helping people with slip and fall accidents for years. If you have been injured in a slip and fall, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere, but they are most common in places where there is water or other liquids on the floor. They can also occur on icy or slippery surfaces. Oftentimes these accidents happen because the property owner did not take proper precautions to prevent them.
The lawyers at Jarrett & Price LLC will investigate your accident and gather evidence to build a strong case for your slip and fall claim. Call us today at (912) 401-8880 for all your personal injury accident needs. Slip and fall accident victims deserve to be compensated for their severe injuries.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Falls?
When most people think about slip and fall accidents, they picture someone slipping on a wet floor in a grocery store or restaurant. While these types of accidents do occur, there are many other potential causes of slip and fall accidents. Some of the most common include:
- Wet or icy surfaces: Wet or icy conditions are one of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents. When surfaces are wet or icy, they become slick and difficult to walk on. This can lead to people slipping and falling, sometimes causing serious injuries. If a property owner knew or should have known about the dangerous condition and failed to take steps to fix it, they may be held liable for any injuries that occur.
- Uneven surfaces: Uneven or broken surfaces can also be a trip hazard. This is especially common on sidewalks or in parking lots where the surface may be cracked or uneven. If someone trips and falls because of an uneven surface, the property owner may be held liable.
- Loose carpeting or rugs: These accidents happen when carpets or rugs are not properly secured to the floor. Especially common in high-traffic areas, a loose carpet can cause anyone to trip and fall. Stores and business owners have a responsibility to make sure their carpets are properly secured and safe for customers.
- Debris on the floor: Clutter, spilled liquids, and other debris on the floor can all lead to slip and fall accidents. Businesses are responsible for keeping their floors clean and free of hazards. A walkway that is cluttered with boxes, for example, could be considered a slip and fall hazard.
- Poor lighting: Poorly lit areas can make it difficult to see potential hazards on the floor, leading to slip and fall accidents. Increased lighting in those areas by adding more light fixtures or by improving the lightbulbs that are already in place should be handled promptly. It’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take extra care when walking in poorly lit areas.
To win a slip and fall case, you will need to show that the property owner was negligent in their duty to keep the premises safe. For example, if you slip and fall on a wet floor in a grocery store, you will need to show that the store knew or should have known about the wet floor and did not take steps to clean it up or warn visitors about the hazard.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call Jarrett & Price LLC today for a free consultation. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will investigate your accident and help you get the compensation you deserve.
What Injuries Usually Happen in Slip and Fall Accidents?
Many different injuries can occur as a result of slipping and falling. The most common type of injury is a sprained or strained muscle, ligament, or tendon. This can happen when you fall awkwardly or abnormally land on your foot.
Other types of injuries that can occur include:
- Fractures – A break in the bone can occur if you fall from a height or land on a hard surface.
- Head injuries – If you hit your head when you fall, you could suffer from a concussion or other brain injury. Traumatic brain injuries can be very serious and may require long-term treatment.
- Spinal cord injuries – If you fall and land on your back or neck, you could damage your spinal cord. Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis or other serious complications.
- Internal injuries – If you fall on your stomach, you could suffer from internal bleeding or organ damage.
If you have suffered an injury as the result of a slip and fall accident, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries. This compensation can come in the form of a financial settlement from the party responsible for your accident, or it can come in the form of benefits through your insurance company.
To file a compensation claim, you will need to hire a personal injury lawyer. A good lawyer will be able to review your case and help you get the maximum amount of compensation possible. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact our law firm today to discuss your case. We will work hard to ensure you have a way of getting back on your feet after an accident.
How Do Courts Determine Negligence in a Slip and Fall Claim?
There are many ways to get injured. No matter how you are injured, if someone else is at fault, you might have a compensation case. In order to win a personal injury claim, you will need to prove that the other party was negligent. In other words, you will need to show that they did not take the proper precautions to prevent your injury from occurring. This can be difficult to do, which is why it is often best to hire a personal injury lawyer who can help you navigate the legal system.
When it comes to slip and fall accidents, courts will often look at whether the property owner took reasonable steps to prevent accidents from happening. This includes things like mopping up spills, putting up warning signs, and keeping the premises free of debris. If the property owner did not take these reasonable steps and you were injured as a result, they may be liable for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
To establish negligence in a slip and fall scenario, the following three factors must be proved:
- Duty of care: The property owner owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to prevent accidents from happening.
- Breach of duty: The owner of the property failed to exercise reasonable caution to prevent mishaps from occurring.
- Causation: The property owner’s breach of duty was the cause of your accident and resulting injuries.
If you can prove all three of these things, you may be able to recover compensation. An insurance company will often try to settle a slip and fall claim for as little money as possible. They may even deny the claim altogether. When you are fighting for compensation after suffering an injury, you need someone on your side who will fight for you.
How Does Hiring a Lawyer Help My Case?
Accidents happen every day. But when they happen to you, and they were caused by someone else’s carelessness, they can upend your life. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be wondering how to proceed. Slip and fall accidents can be complicated. There may be multiple parties liable for your injuries, including the property owner, a tenant, or a maintenance company. An experienced slip and fall lawyer will know how to investigate your accident and determine who is responsible.
The liable party’s insurance company will likely try to minimize the amount of money they have to pay out on your claim. A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve. Why not have an experienced professional on your side to level the playing field?
When you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, you need an advocate on your side who will fight for your rights. Contact Jarrett & Price LLC today at (912) 401-8880 to schedule a free legal consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. We serve clients in Atlanta and throughout Georgia in their personal injury claims.