Uber Lyft Accidents Lawyers in Savannah Offering Our Customers Adept Legal Assistance
In a few short years, ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft have taken the world by storm. These companies have completely changed the way we get around town. But what many people don’t know is that as these services become more and more popular, the number of Uber and Lyft accidents grows exponentially every year.
While Uber and Lyft are both excellent options for getting around town, it’s important to understand the risks involved in using these services. Ridesharing drivers are not professional drivers, and they are not held to the same standards as taxi or limousine drivers. In addition, Uber and Lyft do not carry commercial insurance policies. This means that if you’re injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver, you may have a more difficult time recovering compensation for your injuries.
Jarrett & Price LLC has experienced personal injury lawyers from Georgia who have successfully represented many clients who have been injured in a ridesharing accident. If you’ve been involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver, we can help. We will comprehensively investigate the accident to determine who is liable for your injuries, and we will fight to get you compensation for your injuries. Contact Jarrett & Price LLC today at (912) 401-8880. We offer free initial consultations, so there’s no risk in speaking with us about your case.
What Should I Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft, it is important to know what to do next. There are a few key steps to take after an Uber or Lyft accident including:
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t think you were injured, it is important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Injuries from vehicle accidents frequently take days or weeks to fully show their extent.
- Gather evidence: Take pictures of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles involved, and any injuries you sustained. Get the contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Contact an experienced attorney: The insurance companies for Uber and Lyft are notoriously difficult to deal with. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the claims process and fight against any attempt by the insurance company to low-ball you on your settlement.
- Know your rights: You have the right to be compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you.
How Much Money Can I Get Back After an Uber or Lyft Accident?
The amount of money you can receive will depend on several factors, including the severity of your injuries and the laws in your state. However, you may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The insurance company for the Uber or Lyft driver is typically responsible for compensating injured passengers with their insurance coverage when an accident occurs. However, if the driver was not working at the time of the accident, their insurance company may not be liable. If you were not a passenger in Uber or Lyft but were injured as a result of the accident, you may be able to file a claim against the driver’s insurance policy.
You should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine the best course of action for your case against a ridesharing service. The attorneys at Jarrett & Price, LLC have represented many Uber and Lyft accident victims. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Who Is Liable in an Uber or Lyft Accident?
The answer is not always clear-cut, as many factors can play a role in determining liability. The following are some key considerations:
- The driver’s insurance policy: If the driver was working at the time of the accident, their personal insurance policy should cover any damages. However, if the driver was not working, their insurance policy may not provide coverage. In this case, you may need to file a claim against Uber or Lyft’s insurance policy.
- The type of accident: If the accident was caused by another driver, that driver would likely be held liable. If the accident was caused by a defective car part or road hazard, you may be able to file a claim against Uber or Lyft, as they are responsible for maintaining their vehicles in a safe condition.
- The laws in your state: The laws governing liability in car accidents vary from state to state. It is important to speak with an attorney who is familiar with the laws in your state to determine who may be held liable.
Ultimately, the best way to determine liability is to speak with an experienced attorney who can review the facts of your case and advise you accordingly. The attorneys at Jarrett & Price LLC have significant experience handling Uber and Lyft accident cases, and we would be happy to help you understand your potential case. Whether you have suffered personal injuries in a ridesharing vehicle, can’t get insurance policies to pay out, or just need to speak with uber accident lawyers, our firm is here to help.
What Are Some of the Advantages of Hiring a Lawyer Following an Uber or Lyft Accident?
There are many advantages to hiring a lawyer following an Uber or Lyft accident, including:
- The ability to focus on your recovery: After being involved in an accident, you likely have many things on your mind. Hiring a lawyer will allow you to focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects of your case.
- The experience of dealing with insurance companies: Insurance companies are notorious for their lowball settlement offers and delays in processing claims. An experienced attorney will know how to deal with the insurance companies and get you the full compensation you deserve.
- The knowledge of the laws in your state: The laws governing car accidents vary from state to state. It is important to hire an attorney who is familiar with the laws in your state, as they will be able to ensure that your rights are protected.
- The resources to investigate your case: Accident cases can be complex, and it is important to have the resources to investigate all aspects of your case.
At Jarrett & Price LLC, we have the resources necessary to fully investigate your case and provide you with excellent legal help. Both the driver and their company need to be held accountable for ridesharing accidents. If you or a loved one has been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, contact our office today at (912) 401-8880 for a free case evaluation.